REPORTING SEASON WRAP: TUESDAY HIGHLIGHTS
Written on the 22 August 2017
* BHP Billiton (ASX: BHP) reported full year net profit of $7.42 billion compared to a $8 billion loss in the previous year, and trebled its final divided to 54 cents a share. Revenue for the year rose 30 per cent to $48 billion.
* Amcor (ASX: AMC) more than doubled its full year profit to $752 million, while annual revenue dropped 3.4 per cent to $11.5 billion.
* Murray Goulburn (ASX: MGC) has reported a full year loss of $370.8 million for the year to June 30 due to its milk supply dropped by almost 22 per cent to $2.7 billion litres. Revenue has also gone down from 10.3 per cent to $2.49 billion.
* Oil Search (ASX: OSH) announced a half year profit rise of $162.6 million, up four-fold from $32.25 million a year earlier due to higher oil and gas prices.
* Northern Star's (ASX: NST) full year profit lifted 42.2 per cent to $215 million for FY17, thanks to a $26.4 million boost from its Plutonic mine sale.
Business News Australia