Premier Gladys Berejiklian has warned the state is coming close to a new spike of COVID-19 cases after New South Wales reported 11 new locally transmitted cases today.
According to the Premier the state is heading toward a Crossroads Hotel-style outbreak of COVID-19.
"Our state is on the verge of being where it was when we had the first seeding event from Victoria," said Berejiklian.
Of the 14 new cases in NSW 11 are locally transmitted infections while three are in overseas travellers in hotel quarantine.
Nine of the new cases reported today are linked to the Lakemba GP cluster, which now has 12 cases in total.
Two of the new cases reported today are linked to the private clinic cluster, which now has 10 cases in total. One case attended the clinic, and the other is a staff member at the clinic.
One of the new cases of COVID-19 reported today attended the Narellan Town Centre on Camden Valley Way on 7 October from 11.30am to 1pm. Anyone who attended this venue at this time is considered a casual contact and must monitor for symptoms and get tested immediately if they develop.
The news comes just days before NSW is poised to ease COVID-19 restrictions on Friday - measures that would double the permitted number of people that can dine outside.
Public health alerts in South West Sydney issued for Ikea, Bunnings and Aldi
An Ikea in Tempe, a Bunnings in Gregory Hills, and a Woolworths in Oran Park are among several businesses that have been issued public health alerts by NSW Health yesterday.
The alerts come after health authorities confirmed cases of COVID-19 attended venues in South West Sydney.
Anyone who attended the following venues is considered a casual contact and must monitor for symptoms and get tested immediately if they develop:
Woolworths Oran Park, 351 Oran Park Dr, Oran Park on the following dates:
- Wednesday 30 September from 5:30pm to 6:30pm
- Thursday 8 October from 5:15pm to 6pm
- Friday 9 October 6pm to 6:30pm
- Prasadi Nepali Emerald Hills, 2 Hurricane Drive, Raby on Friday 2 October from 3:30pm to 4pm
- Emerald Hills McDonalds 101 Raby Rd, Leppington on Friday 2 October from 5pm to 5:15pm
- Aldi Emerald Hills, Shop 2/03, 5 Emerald Hills Blvd, Leppington, on Friday 2 October from 5:30pm to 6:15pm
- Fantastic Furniture Campbelltown, 4 Blaxland Rd, Campbelltown, on Friday 9 October from 3:30pm to 5:20pm
- Bunnings Gregory Hills, 2 Rodeo Rd, Gregory Hills, on Tuesday 6 October from 7pm to 8:00pm
- IKEA Tempe, 634-726 Princes Hwy, Tempe, on Wednesday 7 October from 1:30pm 5:30pm
Updated at 1.40pm AEDT on 14 October 2020.