Super risk

Written on the 9 September 2009

ACCORDING to one industry superfund, members are now willing to dip their toes in higher return, riskier investments, following a strong rebound in domestic and international share markets.

The Australian Stock Exchange’s S&P/ASX 300 index has bounced back from its dramatic slide of 2008-09 to record a 15.7 per cent increase in the three months ending August 20, 2009. The benchmark MSCI World ex-Australia Hedge index has risen a healthy 11.9 per cent in the same period.

Intrust Super CEO Brendan O’Farrell, says the more positive investment outlook had been noted by fund members, who were once again looking to the riskier environment of share markets as an investment option.

“Since May there has been a consistent increase of almost 130 per cent in the number members switching from cash to equity-linked options,” says O’Farrell, whose members hail mainly from the hospitality, tourism and retail sectors.

*Around 75 per cent Intrust Super members are in the fund’s default investment option, with the remaining 25 per cent of members spread across its other asset class investment options.


Latest News

FORMER MFS EXECUTIVES HIT WITH DISQUALIFICATIONS AND MASSIVE FINES FOR MISAPPROPRIATING FUNDS

FIVE key players involved in an investment company that collapsed in 2008 owing $2.5 billion have been ordered to ...

SURFSTITCH BATTLING FOR SURVIVAL

QUEENSLAND based online retailer SurfStitch Group has gone into a voluntary trading halt for three months after it wa...

STARTUP SUCCESS BOILS DOWN TO PERSONALITY, SAYS EXPERT

THOSE who own startups will know that there are many essential qualities of a good entrepreneur; their tenacity, fina...

THE AMBITIOUS PLAN TO TURN A COLLAPSED FRANCHISE INTO AN EXPANDING BUSINESS

AUSTRALIA'S newest master franchise is set to launch in October as a commercial cleaning operation, resurrecte...

Related News

STARTUP SUCCESS BOILS DOWN TO PERSONALITY, SAYS EXPERT

THOSE who own startups will know that there are many essential qualities of a good entrepreneur; their tenacity, fina...

SLATER AND GORDON TAKES SPOTLESS TO COURT

SPOTLESS Group (ASX: SPO) has been hit by a class action launched by Slater and Gordon (ASX: SGH) in the Federal C...

TOPSHOP GOES INTO ADMINISTRATION AMID VOLATILE RETAIL MARKET

TOPSHOP has become the latest in a string of retailers blasted by the volatile retail market, as the iconic fashio...

SIGMA'S SHARE PRICE TAKES A BATTERING AS IT LAUNCHES LEGAL ACTION OVER SUPPLY DEAL

SIGMA Healthcare (ASX: SIG) has taken the MyChemist and Chemist Warehouse chains to court to demand they continue to ...

BOOK YOUR FUNCTION SPACE HERE

 

 

 

Contact us

Email News Update Sign Up Contact Details
Subscriptions

PO Box 2087
Brisbane QLD 4001

LoginTell a FriendSign Up to Newsletter