INVESTORS WELCOME SENEX DRILLING CAMPAIGN

Written on the 21 June 2013

INVESTORS WELCOME SENEX DRILLING CAMPAIGN

SENEX Energy (ASX:SXY) will begin a major drilling campaign in the Cooper Basin this weekend.

The company’s share price shot up 9.09 per cent today to $0.54 per unit after news of the multi-year, fully self-funded program, hit the market.

Senex Managing Director, Ian Davies, says the drilling campaign is focused on exploiting up to 50 low-risk opportunities identified in the South Australian oil field and will include at least 30 wells.

“By analysing reprocessed seismic data and considering the application of well-established production enhancement techniques, our technical team has identified a large number of opportunities to improve the productivity of our existing assets and exploit oil zones that have previously been overlooked,” says Davies.

Drilling will initially focus on prospects in the southern oil province, with well sites located at, or near, existing oil fields.

Work on the campaign will commence this weekend, with the Worrior-8 development well to be drilled at Worrior oil field (PPL-207), where two wells are planned. Senex is the operator in this tenement, holding a 70 per cent stake, while Cooper Energy (ASX: COE) holds the remaining 30 per cent.

The aim of these initial well is to add reserves, increase oil production and reduce costs in a number of mature fields with existing infrastructure and to evaluate near-field exploration opportunities.

Most of the prospects are located close to existing facilities. New prospects will be drilled on the western flank of the Cooper Basin.


Latest News

COCHLEAR R&D INVESTMENT DRIVES NEW PRODUCTS AND BOOSTS PROFIT AND REVENUE

COCHLEAR (ASX: COH) has boosted its 2017 full year net profit by 18 percent to $223.6 million and has forecast furthe...

WESFARMERS BOOKS BUMPER PROFIT BUT SUPERMARKET WAR HITS COLES' BOTTOM LINE

SUPERMARKET giant Coles has posted its biggest slide in earnings since it was acquired by Wesfarmers (ASX: WES) 10 ye...

TREASURY WINES UNCORKS SWEET $269M PROFIT DESPITE INVENTORY WOES

REVEALING the fruits of its past year of labour, Treasury Wine Estates (ASX: TWE) has posted a 55 per cent increas...

TATTS GROUP POSTS PROFIT AND REVENUE DROP ON FEWER JACKPOTS AND BAD WEATHER FOR RACING

TATTS Group (ASX: TTS) has posted a full year net profit loss of 5.7 percent and a revenue decline of 8.4 per cent as...

Related News

WESFARMERS BOOKS BUMPER PROFIT BUT SUPERMARKET WAR HITS COLES' BOTTOM LINE

SUPERMARKET giant Coles has posted its biggest slide in earnings since it was acquired by Wesfarmers (ASX: WES) 10 ye...

ANALYSTS PREDICT WHAT AUSSIE LIVING IS LIKELY TO BECOME IN THE NEXT CENTURY

AS THE Australian population continues to grow, analysts are predicting what the country is likely to look like wi...

SEVEN WEST REPORTS MASSIVE LOSS AND CUTS CEO TIM WORNER'S PAY PACKET BY $450K

SEVEN West Media (ASX: SWM) has posted a full-year loss of $744.3 million and cut CEO Tim Worner's pay packet by ...

HOW MAKING MISTAKES AND PASSION SCORED WEIGHT LOSS PARTNERS A DEAL WITH SHARK TANK'S JANINE ALLIS

THEY partnered up to provide a scientific and targeted approach to dieting, and Kate Save and Geoff Draper cut Sha...

BOOK YOUR FUNCTION SPACE HERE

 

 

 

Contact us

Email News Update Sign Up Contact Details
Subscriptions

PO Box 2087
Brisbane QLD 4001

LoginTell a FriendSign Up to Newsletter