GAS FLOWS BOOST SENEX

Written on the 4 April 2013

GAS FLOWS BOOST SENEX

SENEX Energy (ASX: SXY) shares jumped 6 per cent this morning as it released promising flow results from a Cooper Basin test well.

Gas flowed at a rate of more than two million cubic feet per day at Hornet-1 unconventional well in permit PEL 115.

The tenement is 80 per cent owned by the Brisbane-based gas explorer, with Orca Energy (ASX: OGY) holding the remaining 20 per cent.

“Our exploration work to date confirms the southern Cooper Basin could hold a massive new gas resource,” SXY managing director Ian Davies says.

“We are moving quickly to capitalise on that potential.”

SXY shares were selling at $0.715 late this morning, up 5.93 per cent.

Orca’s Managing Director Greg Bandy says confirmation of the gas-bearing nature of the tight sands is the first step in unlocking the ultimate value Orca believes exists in PEL 115.

Hornet-1 was stimulated between 2484m and 2678m, targeting the tight gas sands of the Patawarra formation.

Initial production testing and pressure monitoring at ornet-1 will continue during April.


Latest News

TECHNOLOGYONE SAYS IT WILL SUE BRISBANE CITY COUNCIL FOR $50M IF IT TERMINATES CONTRACT

ENTERPRISE software company TechnologyOne (ASX: TNE) has threatened to sue Brisbane City Council (BCC) for more than ...

WESTPAC LOOKING TO SELL HASTINGS TO CHARTER HALL

Westpac Group (ASX: WBC) has entered discussions with property investment group Charter Hall (ASX: CHC) to sell Ha...

THE CYBER SECURITY FIRM THAT HAS MELBOURNE AND SYDNEY BATTLING FOR ITS BUSINESS

ISRAELI cyber security firm Votiro will decide where to set up shop in Australia in the next few weeks, with both ...

IF YOU LOSE YOUR MOJO, YOU LOSE YOUR BUSINESS: GLEN RICHARDS

HE'S one of the "sharks" on the hit show Shark Tank and Dr Glen Richards deals with startups and sca...

Related News

TECHNOLOGYONE SAYS IT WILL SUE BRISBANE CITY COUNCIL FOR $50M IF IT TERMINATES CONTRACT

ENTERPRISE software company TechnologyOne (ASX: TNE) has threatened to sue Brisbane City Council (BCC) for more than ...

WESTPAC LOOKING TO SELL HASTINGS TO CHARTER HALL

Westpac Group (ASX: WBC) has entered discussions with property investment group Charter Hall (ASX: CHC) to sell Ha...

THE CYBER SECURITY FIRM THAT HAS MELBOURNE AND SYDNEY BATTLING FOR ITS BUSINESS

ISRAELI cyber security firm Votiro will decide where to set up shop in Australia in the next few weeks, with both ...

IF YOU LOSE YOUR MOJO, YOU LOSE YOUR BUSINESS: GLEN RICHARDS

HE'S one of the "sharks" on the hit show Shark Tank and Dr Glen Richards deals with startups and sca...

BOOK YOUR FUNCTION SPACE HERE

 

 

 

Contact us

Email News Update Sign Up Contact Details
Subscriptions

PO Box 2087
Brisbane QLD 4001

LoginTell a FriendSign Up to Newsletter