FUNDING PROGRAM TO BOOST EMPLOYABILITY

Written on the 11 September 2015

FUNDING PROGRAM TO BOOST EMPLOYABILITY

MORE than 8000 unemployed Queenslanders will be eligible for work skills training, as the Palaszczuk Government restores its Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative.

Training and Skills Minister Yvette D'Ath says 200 organisations across the state will share in $26 million through the first round of funding.

"Labor's Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative will help people into training so they can better access paid employment," D'Ath says.

"Under the program, people will be able to access the skills and training they need to get back into the workforce, to start a career, provide for their families and to build a stronger community."

D'Ath says the investment was the start of a $240 million four-year initiative aimed at helping up to 32,000 unemployed, under-employed or disadvantaged people to gain the skills and training needed to enter the workforce.

"We want to do what we can to support Queenslanders back into work," she says.

"Skilling Queenslanders for Work puts communities in the driving seat through a government partnership to grow local employment opportunities, encourage greater social inclusion and assist people needing extra support to enter the workforce.

"This initiative is specifically tailored for local programs that support disadvantaged Queenslanders, including young people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, mature-aged job seekers, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and long-term unemployed people to find a path into work."

A Deloitte Access Economics study found Skilling Queenslanders for Work's previous initiative returned almost $8 to the economy for every $1 invested.

Unsuccessful first round funding applicants can apply for the next round now open until November 12.

Successful applicants this round include BoysTown, YMCA and Multicultural Community Centre's Pathways to Success.


Latest News

CROWN EMPLOYEES CONVICTED, JASON O'CONNOR TO SPEND 10 MONTHS IN JAIL

CROWN Resorts (ASX: CWN) employees who were arrested in October last year on suspicion of gambling offences have b...

QUICK TURNAROUND FOR $20 MILLION OFFICE IN MELBOURNE OUTER-EAST

AN office building in Melbourne's outer eastern suburb of Mount Waverley has sold for $20.5 million just two year...

METCASH NET PROFIT FALLS 20 PER CENT, ANNOUNCES CEO WILL STEP DOWN IN 2018

FOOD and grocery giant Metcash has announced its full year net profit has fallen more than 20 per cent and its CEO Ia...

SHARE PRICE PLUNGE FOR RETIREMENT VILLAGE OPERATOR AHEAD OF FOUR CORNERS INVESTIGATION

A RETIREMENT village operator which has been accused of charging excessive fees through complex contracts has respond...

Related News

METCASH NET PROFIT FALLS 20 PER CENT, ANNOUNCES CEO WILL STEP DOWN IN 2018

FOOD and grocery giant Metcash has announced its full year net profit has fallen more than 20 per cent and its CEO Ia...

SHARE PRICE PLUNGE FOR RETIREMENT VILLAGE OPERATOR AHEAD OF FOUR CORNERS INVESTIGATION

A RETIREMENT village operator which has been accused of charging excessive fees through complex contracts has respond...

CHINESE TECH FIRM LOOKS TO AUSTRALIA FOR 'CUTTING EDGE' IDEAS

CHINESE ed-tech company Retech Technologies (ASX: RTE) has listed on the ASX after raising $17.9 million from its IPO...

COLLINS FOODS GOBBLES UP MORE AUSSIE KFC STORES

COLLINS Foods Limited (ASX: CKF) has purchased 28 KFC restaurants from Yum! Brands Inc for $110.2 million, adding fur...

BOOK YOUR FUNCTION SPACE HERE

 

 

 

Contact us

Email News Update Sign Up Contact Details
Subscriptions

PO Box 2087
Brisbane QLD 4001

LoginTell a FriendSign Up to Newsletter